Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Live your own life, please

I would just like to take a minute to vent about the way everyone in the Orthodox Jewish world feels they have the right to butt into my life. What does it matter to them if I've been on a date in the last month or not? Not to mention, they should do some research into shidduchim and it's history.


Shadchans are only supposed to be suggesting matches that are compatible. If I tell them I don't have a TV and I want to cover my hair and rarely with a sheitel, their response is to set me up with a guy who wants a TV and wife who doesn't cover. In fact two different shadchans have tried to set me up with this same guy. I found his Facebook profile, he's looking for "random play" and he is Conservative. They think that a gyoress should be put with someone who sleeps around. Save those other guys for the good little FFBs.

So, ok, fine, I didn't have to convert, so why should I get anyone decent? Fine, I got it. However, then let me decide to stay single. Are you kidding me? We can't do that! Now that I'm Jewish, everyone can tell me what to do. I don't tell them how to live their lives, I wish they wouldn't tell me what to do with mine. It's that simple.

1 comment: