Monday, May 31, 2010

breaking the mold of boring business majors

Along the lines of a post last semester, there was a nice little friction going on between myself, one of bubbling personality and the rest of the class, those other suckers who are devoid of personality, spark and zest for life. The class where this played out the most, was Corporate Finance.

I'm not your average everyday girl. I would say that either you love me or you hate me. Why? Well, one of the girls in Corporate Finance said to me at the end of the semester, "you have no manners. You're never going to get anywhere in life." I pondered this. Do I have no manners? I looked up manners in the Webster's. Manners, as they define it, has to do with doing things according to the accepted customs in society. Oooops, I guess I don't have any manners.

At one point in the semester, the instructor with his keen insight, said to the class, "she speaks for all of you..." They retorted, "not me." Oh but, this is exactly the truth. See, the way in which I don't have manners is that I say things that others think but, would never dare to say. However, what this girl in class didn't seem to realize, is that I'm fully aware I'm not supposed to say the outrageous things I say.

This is who I am. I'm the class clown and I push the envelope. I'm an artist. They are not artists. I'm proud to be different. The world needs people like me to keep it from being boring. This is something my classmates in Macro understood. In Macro, I kept my classmates laughing, much to the dismay of the professor who, I suspect was a little bothered that I was making funnies as he tried and was not as successful. That, is another reason I think many fall in the "hate me" category, they wish it was their jokes.

1 comment:

  1. >>>Do I have no manners? I looked up manners in the Webster's. Manners, as they define it, has to do with doing things according to the accepted customs in society. Oooops, I guess I don't have any manners.

    Pretty cool IMO. :-)

    ReplyDelete