Monday, June 28, 2010

What's with these students at my school?

As some of you know, I am taking a summer class. When the semester started, I sent an Email to the entire class, asking if anyone wanted to form a study group. These students in my class.... oy, they have been making fun of me, mostly for being religious. There's another religious Jewish girl but, she doesn't say boo to them so maybe that's why  they don't bother her. I moved to the other side of the room to get away from this little group.

What's the worst part?

One of the guys in this little group making fun of me is Jewish.

I mean actually, half the class is Jewish. A bunch of the guys went to the same uber modern school in Flatbush. This guy who's sort of in the their group but, not the main culprit is Sephardic. I haven't asked him, but I don't think he went to school with others because he doesn't really talk to them. Then there's a frummy, complete with frummy accent. He's an accounting major. How come I wasn't surprised? He sits in this little group and yet, he doesn't stick up for a fellow Jew. I've even asked these folks, "why do you make comments about me eating bacon and no comments about him eating bacon?" They are incorrigible-absolutely incorrigible!

No comments:

Post a Comment