Thursday, June 18, 2009

Motzei Shabbos in Lakewood

After Havdalah, she showed me around the house and I took pictures of some of her Judaica and Chotchkies (spelling?). I finally heard the story of the extra candle. The family was on their way from New Jersey to Brooklyn one cold erev Shabbos. They got caught in some awful traffic and made it to a hotel right at skiah so, she missed lighting that Shabbos. There’s more to the story, but that’s the short version.

I stayed through until the next morning. I showed my friend how to make eggs over easy. She did not know this. This was like the first thing I ever learned to cook. After breakfast, my friend drove me to the bus station. On the bus ride back, I met a woman also from Lakewood. However, I looked her up and she doesn’t live near my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment