Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How about a video on the shidduch crisis?



If someone wants to get married the UWS is not the place to live. Everyone knows that that is the land of the tefillin date.

Another point is that the people going to the UWS at a young age like 20, makes you wonder if they want to get married.

There's the pickiness factor. Do you hear these people talking... if someone isn't a 10 in the looks dept, they dont' even want to talk to them, especially the guys. As MODERN singles, the messages from the world and not Judaism seem to be what's gettting through.

It's interesting that there is an admission that getting married is the "prescribed way." This video makes me think of a Shabbos conversation while I was still in the process. The Israeli girl at the table was saying, "it's the men. The men don't want to get married." She says that at the "singles classes" you see the same people over and over again. They are "just looking" not really shopping-for marriage, that is.

1 comment:

  1. I am more likely to window shop in the UWS, too expensive to buy. Maybe that is the same case for shidduch. Once I convert, I can look there or I can try my own luck. I don't believe it is absolutely mandatory, just nice to have as an option.

    ReplyDelete