Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Does the matzah have you in a bad way?

There was a poem years ago that I used to see on coffee mugs they sold at Spencer Gifts:

Here I sit
broken-hearted
I tried to shit,
but only farted

Well, I have some ways to resolve this!

First, only eat the requisite amount of matzah. You can have tuna salad and egg salad on lettuce instead of matzah, it's much less calories and the lettuce contains fiber which will help move the matzah out of your system.

Second, eat lots of fruits and vegetables. They are high in fiber as well as other nutrients. This will help move the matzah out of your system.

Finally, enjoy the rest of Pesach with less of a stomachache. Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. The Curmudgeonly Israeli Giyoret says:

    Eat a lot of vegetables. Raw fennel is good for avoiding the, er, problem. Drink lots of water and herbal tea. Walk a lot. atch out for those heavy fleishik meals; at least buffer them with big green salads and fruit compote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit compote, YES!! The Israeli lady who had me for the first two days made it. I guess she's never made it because her kids were like, "what's that?" I said, "marak FRUIT." Now, that I'm home I'm back to one meal a day of one piece of chicken and veggies and some fruit the rest of the day. I didn't pick up the nuts today. Nuts are high in fiber and protein, though.

    ReplyDelete