Sunday, December 20, 2009

I don't like Rabbi Tropper but, I listened to the "tapes" on YouTube.

I don't like Rabbi Tropper but, I listened to the "tapes" on YouTube. She isn't exactly saying no on them. She says "doing is easier than talking..." Go and listen. I listened to all five tracts and she says it more than once. The quality isn't so great but, she seems to be saying it would be easier to do the other men than it would be to have phone sex with them. He keeps telling her she doesn't have to do what she isn't comfortable with.

What do people think about a woman who isn't even trying to end this? Listen to the tapes, she wanted to marry him or something.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think that people are necessarily saying that the woman in question is blameless. We don't know enough to make any judgments that way. But we do know that Tropper was having an affair with someone whose conversion he was supposed to be supervising. Even if it had stopped there that would be outrageously unacceptable. A friend used the term "madd assur." (apparently two ds in "madd" makes it more extreme than "mad assur").

    Moreover, what she is saying isn't at all inconsistent with her having been pressured into this situation in the first place, even she finds actual sex or the like easier than phone sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true but, people are hoping they still convert her. I don't know... I don't think it's really our place to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Curmudgeonly Israeli Giyoret says:

    Sounds like she has boundary issues that were not aided by her so-called "spiritual advisor". Even if she does have boundry issues, Tropper's behavior is not only inexcusable, but hard to explain.

    Personally, I'm shocked and sickened and I feel sorry for her.

    ReplyDelete