Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Being driven out of shul...

In the post, http://www.alizahausman.net/2009/11/wearing-this-to-shul.html?showComment=1257981024845
Madame Hausman mentions that she knows people who've stopped going to shul because they don't want to be grilled about being a Jew of Color. This is not the only thing that can drive a person out of the shul. Consider myself: someone who's been driven out by the attempt from the community to FORCE me to date and ultimately marry a man I don't want. They should put this sort of pressure on the men... They don't stop. So, I had to stop... going to shul, that is. Besides which, I'm a woman and I don't have to do anything but keep kosher and Shabbos. Actually, women don't have to sit shiva or even bentsch. We are exempt as it's more important that we look pretty and take care of the kids and the dishes...

1 comment: