Saturday, November 14, 2009

JAFFA: Israeli indie film review

So, on Thursday I went with others from the Brooklyn College Hillel to see "Jaffa," an Israeli indie film with subtitles and gala reception. The promo spoke about an Israeli girl falling in love with an Arab that works with her at her father's business. The two makes plans to run away and marry and then a tragic even occurs.

I thought, "I want to see what it is but, I bet it's lame."

Oh, no... It was NOT lame. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who manages to go see this movie. You must, MUST find a way to go see this movie. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The movie is nothing but surprising twists and turns.

We met the actor who played the Arab boyfriend after the showing at the gala reception. He even told us that one aspect of the movie was written in specifically to piss people off.

No comments:

Post a Comment