Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Touching and invading personal space...

I just noticed a post from fellow blogger, Aliza "la Jewminicana" Hausman about people touching her hair.

It reminded me about something I was going to blog. I was on the subway (almost empty-mind you) last week and some guy touches my leg and says, "sweetheart, can you move your bag so I can sit here?" I went off on him. I said, "who the HELL do you think you are putting your hand on my body?" and on and on. When he got off the subway he told me my pussy stinks. When I called my married friend and told her about this, her husband immediately chimed in confirming that YES a man only touches women when he wants them.

Tell me something, audience, why does he need to sit next to me sooooooooo bad when there are plenty of spaces on the train? That's what I thought. He didn't NEED to sit there. He just WANTED to.

I also want to mention, because some think I'm crazy when I mention the men trying to bump into me and such on the subway, that there are signs on the subway. What sort of signs? Signs that state we shouldn't have toe tolerate sexual harassment on the train.



The signs state: Sexual Harassment is a Crim in the subway, too. A crowded train is no excuse fo an imporper touch. Don't stand for it or feel ashamed, or be afraid to speak up. Report it to an MTA employee or police officer.

Now, why are these signs there, if it's just me and I'm just someone who should be on a mehedrin bus in Israel? Not sitting next to men on the bus and subway is about my own piece of mind. That is to say that it shoudl be at peace in one piece. I know that when I stopped sitting next to men, I got harassed a lot less. If you think I'm overreacting, you're probably fat and ugly so the men don't hit on you.

1 comment:

  1. I used to take the subway to school in Manhattan and I hated when the trains got crowded. Every time the train got crowded, someone ended feeling me up and because the train was crowded, I could never tell who. It was awful. And I'm the kind of person who has always looked younger so I probably looked like I was in junior high school. Though honestly, feeling up any strangers of any age is just disgusting!

    ReplyDelete